When you start cleaning your home regularly, it can be easy to side with products that truly aren't that great for your home. Some products have all kinds of chemicals while others are completely ineffective, making it difficult to take care of things like you might want them to. Fortunately, by educating yourself and knowing what you need in the long run, you can dramatically improve the process you have set up for cleaning and enjoy your environment a little easier. Check out this blog for great tips and tricks about identifying and using the best cleaners, since making the right choices now can really pay off down the road.
You like to think of your house as a safe place where your family will always be safe. And most of the time that's true. However, there are times when your house might contain things that aren't safe for your family. One of the things that can show up in your house is radon gas.
Radon gas is a naturally occurring gas. It is colorless, odorless, and invisible, which means that you can't see that it's there. It is created when the radioactive mineral radium naturally breaks down, and the gas then works its way up through the stone and soil. The radon generally stays in your basement, but it can get into your water supply, which means that it can show up in your bathroom or kitchen. If you have a confined area with little or poor ventilation, that can also be a place where radon will build up.
There are several things that radon can do to your health. It will primarily affect your lungs. Radon gas carries radioactivity since radium is radioactive. As you breathe it in, you get all those ionizing particles into your lungs, and they build up. As they build up, you can end up with lung cancer. It can take a few years for the cancer to show up or for it to be big enough to be visible on examinations. The more you are exposed to radon, the more the radioactive particles are going to build up in your lungs, increasing your risk of cancer and the risk of permanent lung damage.
Because you can't see, smell, or taste radon, you can't tell that you have it anywhere in your house. That means that you need to have a testing kit in order to make sure that you don't have any radon gas in your house. There are kits that you can buy at hardware stores or home improvement stores. You will need to go to the areas where you think that there is radon. If you do have radon, it is pretty easy to get rid of; all you need to do is make sure that you have plenty of ventilation.
You want to make sure that your family is safe and healthy in your house. One way to do that is to make sure that you don't have any radon gas in your house. Contact a company that offers radon home testing services to learn more.Share